Laurel's Son is the biological child of Laurel Castillo. Even though it was originally believed that the baby's father is Wes Gibbins, it was later revealed that Laurel slept with Wes and Frank at the time that her son was concieved. The baby seems to have been conceived in the episode "Is Someone Really Dead?". Laurel revealed to Annalise in the episode "It's for the Greater Good" that the baby is a boy. In the episode Live. Live. Live., Laurel gives birth to him prematurely, and his fate is left unknown.
A Little over 4 months into the pregnancy, Laurel has come to the conclusion that she wants to keep the baby. However, she told her father that she had an abortion after telling him that she was pregnant. While at the Keating 4 dinner, she informed the others that she decided to keep the baby. ("I'm Going Away")
Three months later, Laurel somehow has the baby but it is unknown what has happened to the baby, whether it survived or not. ("I'm Going Away")
After Laurel suffers an accidental blow to the stomach, she becomes trapped in an elevator where she begins bleeding heavily. Laurel is found unconscious by Annalise where she spots that the baby has emerged from Laurel's vagina. Guided by a 911 operator, Annalise desperately struggles to remove the baby from the elevator and perform CPR. As the episode ends, the sound of a baby's cry is heard, suggesting that Annalise succeeded in saving his life. ("Live. Live. Live.")
- Since we learn that Laurel is pregnant, it has been unknown whether the child is going to be a boy or a girl. However, Laurel reveals that she's having a baby boy. ("Is Someone Really Dead?")
- Seemingly conceived in "Is Someone Really Dead?".
- It is unknown whether Laurel knew she was pregnant before the fire (as we as viewers found out because she had tests done while she was in hospital). In "We're Bad People", while in a flashback, Laurel is talking to Wes in a bathtub about the condom breaking the last time they had sex. This might mean that she knew she was pregnant before the fire, but it is only hinted at, nothing more.
- The characters who first know however are: Oliver, Meggy, Bonnie and Michaela.
- We learn in "Who's Dead?" that Frank knows too, as he is the person Bonnie tells the news to over the phone.
- In "We're Bad People", we learn that both Asher and Connor find out, along with Laurel telling Asher, Connor and Michaela when they go and visit her, that the baby is Wes'.
- Peter Nowalk has said that as soon as it's revealed for definite who the baby's father is, there won't be any future twists, turns or surprises. So far things seem to be pointing to Wes. In "We're Bad People", we finally learn through Laurel, that the baby's father is indeed Wes.
- This is however untrue as the show has revisited the idea that Frank Delfino could be the father as Laurel slept with both Wes and Frank at the time that the baby was conceived.
- As of "I'm Going Away", Laurel is four months pregnant.
- In a 3 month flash forward scene featured in "I'm Going Away", it is unknown if the child is alive, and if it is alive then where it is. In "Live. Live. Live." however, Laurel gives birth to him in an elevator (losing consciousness soon after). Annalise overhears her screams and, after an intense first few moments with Annalise performing CPR while wondering if he would survive, finally, he lets out loud cries. He was born 2 months premature.
|"I'm Going Away"||"I'm Not Her"||"It's for the Greater Good"||"Was She Ever Good at Her Job?"||"I Love Her"|
|"Stay Strong, Mama"||"Nobody Roots for Goliath"||"Live. Live. Live."||"Episode 409"||"Episode 410"|
|"Episode 411"||"Episode 412"||"Episode 413"||"Episode 414"||"Episode 415"|