|This article focuses on the Season 1 finale, "It's All My Fault".|
For the article focusing on the Season 1 episode with a similar name, see "It's All Her Fault".
"It's All My Fault" is the 15th episode of How to Get Away with Murder.
This episode is the second part of the season 1 finale, and premiered immediately following "The Night Lila Died".
In the flashback, it is shown that Sam met with Lila on the roof of the sorority house after she threatened to go public with the pregnancy. Sam consoles Lila and proclaims his love for her, telling her that he hadn't loved Annalise for years and that he was going to go tell her. But after leaving, Sam makes a call and tells someone to do what they agreed on.
It is then shown it was Frank who strangled Lila to death.
As Wes leaves, Annalise goes back down to the basement where Frank is. She asks him if it was him who did it, and he in turn does the same but both deny it. It is then revealed that Rebecca never left the house and was in fact killed and hidden underneath the staircase.
Notes and Trivia Edit
- This episode scored 8.99 million viewers.
- There were three different endings for the finale of Season 1. One in which Rebecca killed Lila, one in which Sam killed Lila, and the eventual version they settled on, which came as a result of Nowalk hating the former versions. "Because I was like, 'Why does this not feel fun or that surprising?'" he explained. "It's hard for me to believe that Sam would strangle a girl [...] and this is what we do — we just throw out everything we know and come up with a new version." Nowalk says that when he suggested to Michael Foley that perhaps Frank did it for Sam, that was when it clicked for him.
- Of all the scenes that made it onscreen, Nowalk wishes he didn't put Oliver's HIV diagnosis as a cliffhanger. It was intended to be in the penultimate episode of Season 1, but a reshuffle of scenes meant it ended up in the finale. He explains: "It felt like an 'oh my god' moment versus a real, emotional thing. [...] It was maybe a little bit tacky. And, fair game, I'm learning."
- Annalise walked into her house to find Wes sitting on the lower steps of stairs, feeling upset over everything that had gone on. “I didn’t let her go. You have to believe me. All of this--Rebecca, Sam, Nate--it’s all my fault.”
- It's All My Fault - Wes Gibbins
- This title is very similar to the second episode of Season 1, "It's All Her Fault".
|"Black"||The Soft Moon||Lila is being strangled to death on the roof while her killer if finally revealed. Frank has his hands around her neck as he is the one who killed her.|
|"Run Me Out"||Zola Jesus||Wes tells Annalise he didn't let Rebecca go, she tells him she believes him; During a flashback, Sam tells Lila he loves her; Asher meets with the ADA; Laurel gives Michaela her ring back; Rebecca finds Lila in a flashback.|